A brief overview of things I’m working on and where I’ve been. And then we discuss four big ideas about developing a proactive and dynamic career in Information Technology or anywhere else for that matter.
Download here or listen below.
Intro & Things I’m Working On
- Book: Building Your IT Career
- Article: Why Technologists Must Learn To Speak Business
- Songwriter & Performer & Arrogant Sage
- Podcast: Throw Away The Box (no link yet) 😉
The Entrepreneurial Careerist Concepts
- Mantra: Be Proactive! Be Positive! Add Value! Share Opportunity!
- A job is an agreement between two parties trading something of value.
- No job makes a career. No job breaks a career.
- Average pay is interesting, but non-critical.
- Find an environment that places the same value as you do on the value you bring.