Some ideas to help you start your career in Information Technology. However, the information may be helpful to those who want to jumpstart a career that has stalled or become stale.
Listen below, download, or subscribe via iTunes
Free downloadable PDF of Chapter 11: Breaking Into I.T.
- The forums are working
- Copies of the book are on their way to those I’ve promised them to. If you get your copy – take a picture of it (or you with it) and post it on Facebook – and tag the Building Your I.T. Career Facebook page. 😀
- The Google Reader Tutorial mentioned in the book is NOT being published. Google reader is going away so I will post a tutorial after I find a replacement.
- A special welcome to the students from IADT in Chicago (I will be doing a live Q&A via Skype with them in April) and the folks at coderanch.com (where I am currently answering questions in the forum).
- Careers are not linear
- Income may not be your best gauge of an opportunity or advancement
- I.T. happens outside of I.T.
- “Think Outside The Box” – THROW AWAY THE BOX!!!
Breaking into I.T.
Next week: Book Giveway! Stay tuned.
Please feel free to post any questions or comments here.. and share with on your networks.